The Law of the Land.
By submitting a print job to Radix Media, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed below. We recommend that you read them carefully and in full. These terms and conditions may be amended or revised at any time without notice. For any questions regarding these terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
- For offset and digital jobs over $400, we require a 50% deposit payable via cash, check, or money order. We also accept major credit cards and PayPal for an additional charge. The remaining 50% will be due upon pickup unless we have arranged otherwise. Because of the degree of labor intensity involved in the letterpress process, all letterpress jobs require a 50% deposit before work can be started.
- If a job is to be shipped, the balance on that job must be paid before it leaves our shop floor. If you are working under a hard deadline, please allow enough time for us to receive payment and ship.
- If your organization is exempt from sales tax, it is your responsibility to send us the appropriate signed exemption form.
- A 10% late fee will be assessed and added to any unpaid balance that is 8 days old. Unpaid balances of more than 8 days will incur a 15% late fee.
- A $30 fee will be added to any bank returned checks.
- There is a a termination fee of $35, OR the total costs incurred by paper cost, pre-press, setup and print work, whichever is higher. This will be billed to any client who cancels their order after the estimate has been accepted. For jobs where a deposit has been paid, the termination fee will be taken out of that and the client will be refunded the balance. Please note that a deposit may not cover all the aforementioned costs in every scenario and you may still be billed a termination fee.
- If you need your job faster than our standard turnaround time, a rush fee will be charged as a percentage of your estimate. The exact amount will vary depending on the details of the job. Rush jobs must be paid in full up front.
- Estimates are good for 30 days.
- Estimates do not include shipping, 8.875% New York State sales tax, or any additional fees such as proof charges.
- Estimates assume print-ready files. If we have to spend more than 15 minutes on your file, additional pre-press charges will be added to your invoice.
- Estimates are based on the specifications you give us. Any changes in those specifications (colors, page counts, quantities, etc) will require a new estimate. Please note that depending on the change, this may push the job into rush status and additional fees may apply.
- A small union label (also known as a “union bug”) will be placed on the back side of your project to show that it was produced by union labor. It is meant to be small and unobtrusive. You will be able to preview the bug’s placement in the proof we supply to you. We will remove the bug by request only, and we are not responsible for reprinting jobs for clients who notice the union label after the fact. If there isn’t sufficient room in your layout, we will always opt to leave the bug off.
- We do not send our union label to clients or their designers. If you have a specific place you’d like the union label, just let us know. We are happy to place it wherever you’d like or send you a few different placement options.
- Please note that the union label is a nationally-recognized symbol with a long and rich history, assuring the client that their job was printed ethically. It is not the same as our business logo. We will not put our logo on any client’s job, ever.
- All turnaround times are based on business days (Monday-Friday) during our regular business hours, 9am-6pm. In general, our turnaround times are assumed to be by final pickup time, which is 5:30pm. If you are working with a strict time limit, please specify this in your original quote request and we will tell you what is possible.
- Turnaround times will fluctuate depending on the job, the quantity needed, and our current workload. If you are working under a particular deadline, please specify this in your original quote request. If we are able to fit the job in, rush fees may apply. Please note that turnaround times do not begin when you first make contact or send us files.
- All turnaround times are calculated from approval of either a PDF or printed proof. If it takes some time to make necessary revisions to get your file print-ready, the job may be pushed into rush status.
Proofs & Press Checks
- A PDF proof will be provided at no additional cost. Printed proofs will add an additional charge to your final invoice and will fluctuate depending on the job. In general, we will not modify your file without checking in with you first and offering you a proof. However, please note that for rush jobs, if we run into issues with your file, we will attempt to correct them to the best of our ability. We take no responsibility for small graphic discrepancies caused by this process, but we will take full responsibility for any major errors. The best bet is to send us print-ready files.
- For offset and letterpress jobs, it is not possible to print just one copy of your job for you to look over. We can instead provide you with a digitally printed proof. If your intention is to see the actual spot color your job will be printed in, we can schedule a press check. This is by appointment only, and we will set that time with you when we anticipate running your job. If your job is double-sided, you will be able to check one side only. If you approve the press check, we can move forward with your job as planned. However, if there are any changes resulting in additional setup costs (copy changes, ink changes, etc), then those costs will be added to your final invoice.
- For letterpress jobs, proofs will be provided as PDFs and will include a summary of the specifics of your order. Please note that these proofs are approximations of the finished product since digital fonts will not fully represent the personal character of our type.
- If you need to re-schedule a press check, we would appreciate 24 hours notice unless there are extenuating circumstances. If you no-show for a press check and are unreachable, the job may be pushed into rush status.
Shipping & Delivery
- We will choose the best shipping method for your job, depending on the volume and your location. For most orders, we ship UPS Ground. However, we may opt to ship USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate.
- While we may be able to give you a very loose ballpark shipping estimate in the beginning, true shipping cost cannot be determined until the job is packaged and weighed.
- We are not responsible for any damage sustained to the package during transit by the carrier. That said, we care about your project and will package it to the best of our ability to reduce the likelihood of damage. If you received your package with significant damage, please contact us.